Assumption Stacking is one of the most misunderstood sections of the Daygame Blueprint. It occurs after you have stopped the girl and delivered your opener. The point of this section is to initiate the conversation and at the same time, to try to distinguish yourself from all the rest of the guys who have ever approached her as a potential mate.
The reason the first thing you will say to her after the opener is an assumption, is because every other guy out there asks a question. Do not ask a question.
The average guy will ask:
- Where are you from?
- What are you doing?
- What job do you do?
- Why were you walking so fast?
- Why are you carrying all those bags?
This isn’t supposed to be the Spanish Inquisition. If you do the same thing as the average guy, you’ll just blur into a Beta mist in her mind. She will blow you off and continue doing what she was previously doing, like going to meet her friends for tea and cakes or getting her hair or nails done, or buying new clothes to impress potential Alphas.
How to Make Assumptions
What you will do is mention three things you noticed about her and then make an assumption. Here are three different girls:
- “What I noticed about you was the dark hair, the feminine way of dressing and how skinny you are. I think you’re from China.”
- “What I noticed about you was the warm furry jacket, the tight jeans and the wellies you’re wearing. I think you work on a farm.”
- “When I first saw you, the first things I noticed were your classy-looking suit, your perfect make-up and the smoke coming off your heels. I think you’re a lawyer training for the 100 metres sprint.”
Obviously you don’t have to use the “I noticed…” style of assumptions with every girl you see, it’s just a training wheel.
So, what am I doing here? I’m naming two things that made me decide what it is I’m assuming about her and another thing that is a mild push / tease / joke. When you first meet a girl, she’s going to be a little cautious, so you need to warm her up. Making her laugh or showing that you’re not a suck-up is key.
When you do your opener, you usually deliver a compliment (“I think you look nice”, etc), so this little tease helps to offset that. When it comes to this first assumption, I usually try to think of what I’m going to say as I’m approaching before stopping her. Then I have my assumptions ready when it’s time to say them.
You can make them up on the spot, but this is something that you’d be doing when you have a lot more composure and experience. What will usually happen next is that that she’ll reply to your assumption:
- “No, actually I’m from Japan.”
- “Uh!? Boots like these are in fashion now!”
- “Ha ha! I am a lawyer, but I’m late for a meeting.”
What really matters at this point is that you’re not thinking what to say next. The important thing is that you’re totally focussed on what she is saying and listening very carefully. What she says at this point will give you all the material you need to really get this conversation going. Your next step is to deliver an Assumption Story based on the information you just gathered.
Stacking Those Assumptions
But what to do if this is the answer you get to your assumption:
This is why it’s called Assumption Stacking, because you can stack another assumption on top, but only if you don’t get any information from the first assumption.
Sometimes the reason you don’t get a decent answer from her is because she doesn’t like you. If that’s the case, she will start to walk away very soon afterwards, so don’t worry about that.
More often than not, the reason she didn’t say anything was because her brain was befuddled. There will have been a lot of situations in her life that she has experienced before and she will have a default way of reacting to them, but if she’s never had an Alpha guy stop her in the street and give her a compliment before, she’ll be dazed and shy for a few seconds.
Therefore, take a moment and either look her up and down or cast your mind back to your first memory of seeing her and make another assumption. There are only a few basic areas about her on which you can make a decent assumption. These include:
- What her job is.
- Where she is from.
- What she’s doing or about to do.
So, pick another from the list and make an assumption on that in the same way as your first one. Usually by this time she’ll have come to her senses and will have something to say. Make sure you listen and then go into your Assumption Story.
Whatever you do, don’t fall into the trap of making assumption after assumption for no reason as you’ll just end up seeming like some weird fortune telling cold-reader dude. The Assumption Stack is just a tool to enable you to get a morsel of information about her which you can use to start a conversation, without you having to ask her boring questions.
After this, you need to tell an Assumption Story based upon what she just said:
- “I went to Japan last year, to Tokyo. It was so crowded everywhere. I walked around a place called Shibuya and there were grown-up girls standing around dressed like schoolgirls. It was kind of hot but at the same time kind of wrong!”
- “Well, to me it looks like you’re ready to go feed some pigs or milk some cows. I can just imagine you with a straw in your mouth, pumping away at those udders!”
- “I don’t know what it’s like being a lawyer, but I imagine it’s really fun and challenging, like a courtroom drama. You have to save the life of your client, so you present the case, cross-examine the witnesses and shout “Objection, your Honour” to everything your opposition have to say!”
This fun little story warms the girl up because you’re talking about her and her life. It works because everybody is interested in themselves. She can relate to this.
You’re also either displaying knowledge of her background or painting a fun picture of what you imagine her life to be like. These are attractive qualities in a man. This is conversational bait and you can continue from here with some normal chit-chat, spicing it up with attraction when the opportunity arises.